Saturday, January 7, 2012

Jack Kennedy: Elusive Hero

Chris Mathews. Drawing on interviews with friends and former staffers, as well as on such familiar biographical incidents as Kennedy's rescue of the PT-109 crew and his resulting back injury, Matthews reveals a man who through inner direction and tenacious will created himself out of the loneliness and illness of his youth and who taught himself the hard discipline of politics through his own triumphs and failures. Matthews' stirring biography reveals Kennedy as a fighting prince never free from pain, never far from trouble, and never accepting the world he found.--Publisher's Weekly (Check Catalog)

1 comment:

  1. I am genuinely stunned. The Kennedy family never interested me much but I read this grudgingly on my husband's constant urgings. Though I wasn't born until the 80's, I still assumed I knew all there was to know about this family through countless documentaries. Not only did I learn things I never would have imagined, but I saw them in a far different and more human light than documentaries or other books would have us believe.

    ReplyDelete